Burton Manor Sports Association (BMSA) is a community amateur sports club situated on the grounds of Stafford Grammar School.
The sports available include Squash, Judo, Karate, Iaido, Badminton, Bowls, Table Tennis and hosts many other social events such as Quiz nights, Cards evenings, Pool, Darts and many others.
Our facilities are available to hire for private functions. Our social facilities are open daily from 7pm which has a wide selection of drinks including guest real ales, craft lagers, gins and much more in a family friendly relaxed atmosphere.
SEARCH OUR WEBSITE
BOOK WITH US
Have a special event coming up and need a bar with large hall, look no further.
BECOME A MEMBER
Want to have access to sports and social facilities that can be booked online, here we are...
VISIT OUR BAR
Want to relax and have a drink, we have a bar serving both alcohol and soft drinks. Bring your friends and family (Kids are welcome), make new friends
Burton Manor Sports Association Limited, is known as Burton Manor Sports or BMSA. It is a registered company.
Each person joining as a member for Burton Manor Sports Association are deemed to have a £1.00 share in Burton Manor Sports Association Limited, Company number 01814513, limited by guarantee without share capital.
Burton Manor Sports Association Limited was registered as a company on 09 May 1984.
Burton Manor Sports takes its name from “Burton Manor”, a former medieval manor house that had been replaced in 1855 with a gothic revival house, designed by Edward Welby Pugin for Francis Whitgreave, hence the 'W's that can be seen in the brick work.
Burton Manor Hall became the sports and recreational facility for BRC (British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company), part of the Hall Engineering Group at the time, it was known as the BRC Club. It included cricket, football, hockey pitches, tennis courts and a bowling green, whilst the hall itself was extended for a dance hall, and in 1956 a bar was added, the now Burton Manor Sports Bar.
Business declined in the 1980s, and the factory closed in 1990, with 'The BRC Club' sold in the late 1980s, which then became part of the Stafford Independent Grammar School.
Burton Manor Sports Association Limited acquired land and facilities through a combination the purchases and lease from Stafford Independent Grammar School, some of which have since ended.
The Tennis Courts, Bowling Green, and Snooker have all since been taken back by Stafford Independent Grammar School at the end of their respective lease.
The sports and recreational facilities, lay just ¼ mile from the model Village, 'Burton Manor Village' has gradually become surrounded by later 20th century development, with the distinctive plan form, generous spaces and harmony of the architecture remaining evident.